How to add VOD service
You subscribe to the VOD service for your courses in Carleton Central. In order to do this:
- Log in to Carleton Central
- Launch a class search by selecting “add/drop/search classes”
- Search by course number (for example, select Psychology, enter 2001 in the course number box, then search).
- Note: you can limit the search to online courses by going to advanced options, and under session type, click all three of CUOL, Video On Demand and Web.
- Select multiple Session Types by holding the CTRL key on your keyboard for Windows and the Command key for MACs
- Register in the course itself – section T or V.
- If you are already registered in the class, continue to the next step
- The T section refers to Fall term or Early Summer half courses
- The V section refers to Winter term and Late Summer half course and Full Credit courses
- Add the matching Video On Demand service by registering in the section TOD or VOD for the course.
- You will be in both T and TOD, or V and VOD – for example, PSYC 2001 T and PSYC 2001 TOD.
- The Video On Demand service charge will then be added directly to your Student Account and can be paid in the same manner as tuition and other applicable student fees.
- Note that the Video On Demand section has no credit weight, as it is just a service. The Video On Demand service is optional and a fee applies – $50 per half credit ($40 per half credit in the summer).
On campus CUOL class
Students taking the on-campus section of a course recorded for CUOL may also register for the Video On Demand service. The applicable on-campus section will be identified in the section comments (“this course will be recorded for CUOL”).
- There will either be a matching “OD” section (e.g. COD for section C) or the CRN for the matching Video On Demand section will be given in the section comments.
- To add the service once you are registered in the in-class section, either select and add the matching “OD” section or enter the provided CRN in the “Add Classes Worksheet” in Carleton Central and click submit.
Please note: Distance Students must not register in the on-campus section of the course. They must register in the CUOL section.
If Carleton Central has closed for registrations, you can request the VOD service be added by logging in below with your cuLearn login and password. Note that it will add VOD registration for the current term, not for upcoming terms. If Carleton Central is still open for registration, no login will appear below.
Sign in with your MyCarletonOne username & password:
Your username and/or password were incorrect.
If you continue to have trouble, please consult our FAQ (#7a).